Friday, 15 February 2013

Valentine's Day

So, after spending Valentines Day yesterday in town shopping, I came to a realisation- these couples you see getting all romantic and falling for the one who gets them yet another teddy holding a heart of some sort, don't really love each other as much as they make out. If they don't show that much affection any other day, why does one measly date make such a difference? It's like, 'Oh, Valentines Day is here, let's pretend to love each other more'.
And everyone that is single, they seem to love the freedom of being single, and how you don't have to worry about heart ache etc- until February 14th, then it is the most drastic, and horrible thing in the world. Facebook is filled with depressing statuses on how lonely they are- get a life, and enjoy it how it is.
That makes me sound boring, but to be honest, I've been single for a long long time now, and on this one particular date which is no different to any other date this year, I still don't mind.
Now smile,
Lizzie x

No comments:

Post a Comment